
Why does everyone say that?
Are there any couples in the entire world that have been married for 5 years that have not had a fight of some kind? I know some people don't really fight with their partners but come on you can not agree with someone ALL THE TIME. Thats just crazy.
Chris and I will be married 5 years on Friday.
Is marriage what I thought it would be?
NOPE!
(I am supposed to say it is better, right?) Well this is my blog and I don't have to lie and say that. Marriage is not what I thought and no it is not better than I thought. Maybe thats because right now I see Chris a total of 7 hours a week (unless it rains and then we are both so grumpy that we should probably not see each other), maybe it is because we are both so busy with our lives (work, the house and of course Christopher) that our marriage is on hold. Is this fair? No.
I am grateful for the back bone of our marriage, the foundation that it was built on and the Love I know we share. If these things were not as stable as they were before the car wash I don't think we would be married today. Chris works his butt off and he is very rarely around to spend time with us. When he is here he plays with Christopher and then eats dinner and goes to sleep. Where do I fit in?
Do I love Chris the same as I did 5 years ago?
Not the same, thats for sure. I do love him MORE. I love Chris for so many different reasons, reasons I could not have known about 5 years ago. I love him because no matter how tired he is, no matter how much he wants to come home and sit down, when he walks in that door he has more energy than you can imagine. He will NEVER tell Christopher he can't play, he can't dance with him, he can't take him outside or downstairs because he is tired. He never stays in bed when he has a day off, he is up and playing with Christopher from the moment Christopher yells DADDY from his crib. I LOVE that about him. I love that when I am having a really bad day and I am overwhelmed by everything I have to get done he says something or does something to make me feel better. I love that when he is home alone I can guarantee the house has been straightened out from top to bottom. He does not just veg out and watch TV until he hears the car pull up. I love that I know in my heart that I am the only woman that Chris would want to be with.
This post may sound negative, it is not meant to be that way. I love Chris and I love being married to him. But, before I got married I had this vision of what it would be like. I thought it would be romance all the time and I don't know just fairy tale like and that is of course not the case nor should it be. That is not real life. I would not trade any of our not so fairy tale like days for anything. What does not kill you only makes you stronger, right?