Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sentimental - WHO ME????


I would never have considered myself a sentimental person. I don't (should say didn't) keep anything. I am lucky I still have my yearbook and I am sure that is because my Mom made me.

My My How things change..... I now keep everything that Christopher touches. It is pathetic.


I was cleaning out his room and trying to make room for his summer clothes, I came across all of his bibs. I did not want to throw them out or box them up never to be seen again so I decided to have them made into a quilt. Yup a freakin quilt of bibs. A friend of mine (very very talented) makes quilts. I sent her all of the bibs and a few blankets and she is turning them into every daughter in laws nightmare an entire quilt dedicated to drool and spit up. I say a daughter in laws nightmare because I am the wife of an only child. I know first hand how hard it is for a Mom to let go of her little boy (even though he was 28 when we got married) I know what it is like to marry a man who can do no wrong in his mother's eyes, a man who is on the highest pedestal there is. Until the quilt of drool I did not get it. My mother in law (who by the way is a wonderful woman, I could not ask for a better mother in law) has Chris' shoes bronzed and I thought that was over the top and now I have the quilt of drool and spit up. I am in big trouble when Christopher starts dating.


The quilt is not done yet but here is a sneak peak.